Saturday, September 22, 2018

Matters of the Heart ❤️

It has taken me a few days of reflection to be able to write this post and hopefully articulate it in a way that provides comfort and solace to those besides our family that our move affects. It is easy for me to write about what this move means and how it has and will affect our family. However, it is not lost upon us what this move will mean to the warriors, affectionately known to us as the heart kids, and their families. This decision was not easily made. We had numerous conversations about what this move would mean for our family and also for theirs.
When we first moved to West Virginia there was promise in our hearts to make a difference. We came with the humble intention of growing not only a program, but also the community. There were countless hurdles and challenges that were faced. Battles that were fought (mostly behind the scenes) but ultimately a war that was lost. It is not easy to be a change agent, even having the best interest at heart for the kids and their families. There is an old adage about raising children, that it takes a village, and the same can be said for the job my husband does. It takes a village. The job cannot rest on the shoulders of one individual. We leave knowing that my husband was not able to accomplish the goals he set for himself, however valuable lessons were learned along the way. Lessons, both professional and personal, that we will carry with us on our next chapter.
Every day he has come home this week, I have heard stories of him telling these precious families of our departure. It saddens me, what his leaving means for them. I hope they know that he gave everything he had for them. I hope they know how hard he fought for them. I hope they know that their presence in our lives has made a huge impact. And I hope they know that we will carry them in our hearts for the remainder of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment